The following post is a guest blog from our friends at Bridal Creations by Essex Florist and Greenhouses!
Wow! You just got engaged, and now are excited to plan your wedding! But where to begin? Perhaps, you might consider hiring a Certified Wedding Coordinator. Considering that brides, moms, and bridesmaids all become excited, anxious, and overwhelmed as the day draws closer, a Certified Wedding Coordinator could be your best investment. A Certified Wedding Coordinator works for you to take care of details, eliminate stress and anxiety, so that all you need to worry about is becoming Mr. and Mrs. But before you hire a Certified Wedding Coordinator, here are five things you should expect:
- You should expect that your wedding coordinator be certified. With so many people out in the business world, you need to understand that not all coordinators are certified. You do not want someone who is doing wedding planning and coordinating as a sideline. You want a fulltime professional that has the appropriate training and credentials. If they are not certified, look elsewhere!
- You should expect your wedding coordinator to sit down with you to discuss YOUR vision for YOUR The emphasis is on YOUR vision. A good Wedding Coordinator loves the industry, loves to plan weddings, and should be excited to help you create the wedding of your dreams. He or she should care about every detail, should offer advice and direction, but should not try to change your vision.
- You should expect that your Wedding Coordinator will request a copy of all your vendor contracts. Your Coordinator will review every contract in detail, will follow up with every vendor to confirm date, time, and any specific details that are part of your contract so that no detail is missed.
- You should expect that your Wedding Coordinator will personally meet with your caterer and venue prior to your event to make sure nothing has been left to chance. Further, a good Wedding Coordinator will provide to every vendor, a timeline for the wedding day so that everyone is on the same page the day of the wedding.
- Your coordinator will be at the rehearsal with the bridal party so everyone knows what to do the day of the wedding. On the big day, you should expect your wedding coordinator to be onsite making sure everything is executed to your vision. Your coordinator and staff will be at every location ready to make sure that everyone is on schedule, and every vendor provides the exact services for which you have contracted. Most importantly, if there are any problems, you will never know they even came up. Because a good Wedding Coordinator will be in place to resolve any issues before you even notice.
When your big day arrives, your wedding coordinator will:
- Set up any items for the reception such as a memory table, gift table, centerpieces and other decorations as previously discussed with the bride.
- Distribute flowers to the bridal party, parents, grandparents, etc.
- Line up the bridal party and queue processional.
- Have your Bride look stunning as she makes her entrance.
- Direct the bridal party after the ceremony for the photographer to do pictures.
- Greet guests to proceed to the Cocktail hour
- Be in contact with the DJ for events throughout the reception.
- Line up the bridal party for their grand entrance into the reception.
Planning a wedding is big job, and having professional help can make all the difference in the world!
Affairs Extraordinaire by Marta comes to you with over 30 years of experience in the planning and coordinating of weddings and parties. If you would like to schedule a consultation with Marta follow this link or call 410-812-7978.